You already have a Facebook page set up for your practice (and if you don’t you should) but what does it do for you? If you are like many small business owners, posting to your social media account is something that happens “sometimes” and usually just during the holidays. But you can utilize your practice’s Facebook page to drive more people to your website with Facebook advertising, gaining more “likes” for your practice’s page along the way.
Now, some of you might be thinking “Well, I advertise through Google Adwords…should I switch?” The answer is no. Facebook is a great supplement to your Google Adwords strategy, but it should not replace it entirely. The advantage of Google is that if someone is looking for a dental implant at that very moment they are going to find your website. Facebook is great for brand building and for getting new prospects who are passively looking at their Facebook newsfeed to your website to check you out.
That being said, here are the top 6 reasons that you should be advertising on Facebook…
- With 1.5 BILLION active users, Facebook is second only to Google to visitors to its website. Your ad can run at all times of the day so you can get in front of your potential patients when they are actively scrolling through their newsfeed whether it is 3PM or 3AM.
- Advertising on Facebook offers you the option of targeting your potential patients with very specific criteria. Are you a pediatric dentist? Narrow your ad reach by choosing parents with children under 18, who have shown interest in Carter’s children’s clothing store or have liked the Toys R Us Facebook page. Are you a cosmetic dentist? You can focus your ads toward people who live within 5 miles of your practice, have interest in physical fitness, are in the dating scene and have income of $100K+…people who would have the desire and means to make sure they look their absolute best! The options for targeting a certain audience are innumerable and highly effective.
- Facebook lets people know which of their friends have already liked your page giving you a level of credibility akin to receiving an excellent review on Google or Yelp. People are more likely to like a page (or click on an ad) that one of their friends has also liked.
- It’s affordable. The Cost Per Click is typically less than you will pay on Google Adwords. Like Google Adwords, you can set a maximum daily budget for your ad to keep costs manageable and within your budget.
- Do you have a fantastic patient base and you just wish you could attract more people like them? Upload their email addresses through your Facebook Business Manager account so Facebook can see who they are and advertise your practice to people just like them.
- Since Instagram is owned by Facebook, your ads can also run on the popular photo sharing site with just the click of a button. An easy two-fer!
Practice Treatment Plan now manages our clients Facebook campaigns along with our Google PPC management services. For more information on social media advertising just email me at email@example.com or call us at 888-412-8820.
New Patient Marketing Strategist
Practice Treatment Plan, Inc.